Producer, Editor + Warrior
Freelance | SF Bay Area + NYC Metro Area
(June 2013 – Present)
- Manage production of various film and video productions, ranging from features, documentaries, and short films to commercials and marketing videos, starting from concept development and packaging through production and post-production to successful distribution. Also provide coordination support for various other media productions, including live events, photography, and print.
- Edit others’ video and written productions, cutting and piecing together the seemingly complex assortment of footage or words into a cohesive, engaging story. Help other producers and writers develop original fiction & non-fiction works by providing one-on-one guidance and editing on a menu of aspects of the piece – from high-level concept, story, structure and layout, to detailed grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and tone.
- Maintain training in martial arts, stunt falls, dance, sports, parkour, and acrobatics to perform and/or coordinate stunts in various video productions that further challenge the mold for truly compelling storytelling – and in particular, female roles – in the Action and related film genres. Also provide training around self-defense and strength training in order to actively help others learn how to better empower themselves.
Author + Consultant
The Productive Artist | SF Bay Area + NYC Metro Area
(Dec. 2011 – Present)
- Wrote and self-published the book entitled “The Productive Artist’s Business Plan” – now available on the Amazon Kindle store – guiding modern artists, writers, and other creative entrepreneurs through planning and building a profitable business around their creative offerings, so they can sustain themselves in their art while redefining the value of the arts in today’s economy.
- Provide individualized advice and guidance for aspiring artists and writers through The Productive Artist blog and one-on-one consulting services in creative fields spanning writing, film, music, graphic and web design, fine art, theater, culinary, and arts real estate development.
Senior Content Strategist
The Flex Company | Los Angeles, CA
(May 2017 – July 2017)
- Devised and managed implementation of the new, more cohesive company content strategy across every channel and customer touchpoint, including website + blog, email marketing, social media, video tutorials, offline + event materials, instructional product insert, and quarterly print magazine, in order to maximize impact for the company’s growth and retention goals.
The Assemblage | New York, NY
(Dec. 2016 – Feb. 2017)
- Developed production schedule, budgets, and strategy to produce a series of web videos for The Assemblage website launch, including selection and coordination with directors, crew, and video subjects. Upon shifts in the project scope and company priorities, then handed off the completed strategy to the Director of Content for deferred implementation.
Asst. Production Manager
House Of Yes | Brooklyn, NY
(Oct. 2016 – Feb. 2017)
- Manage production logistics and technical staff for performance venue House of Yes’ live events, theatrical performances, film shoots & late-night parties, including coordinating with in-house or outside producers on tech riders, house set-up & equipment needs, and overseeing load-in, tech rehearsals & any necessary transitions throughout each event.
Assistant Stage Manager + Marketing Outreach
TEDxNewYork | New York, NY
(July 2016 – Sept. 2016)
- Pre-event, led marketing outreach efforts and audience curation to ensure a diverse mix of event attendees. During the event, assistant stage managed the live event production, including cueing MCs, performers and stage transitions, to keep the event on time and running smoothly.
Carrot Creative | Brooklyn, NY
(Jan. 2016 – May 2016)
- Integrated producer overseeing production, project management, workflow and resourcing for account teams providing creative, strategic, community engagement, technical development and analytics support for top brands, including Chipotle, Economical Insurance, AMC, and UN Women HeForShe.
- Managed production of video, photo, and designed content for said brands through the entire production process from concept ideation, budgeting + resourcing, to coordinating schedule, locations, crew, equipment, production, and post-production logistics through to successful delivery of final digital assets to the client.
Management Consultant + Advisor
Money & Tech | San Francisco, CA
(Nov. 2014 – Nov. 2015)
- Led hiring through early 2015 to expand the news team and transition into a consultant role to the co-founders, advising them on continuing to driving business development, operations, partnerships, content and marketing strategy for ongoing success.
Chief Content Officer, Director of Operations, News Producer + Writer
Money & Tech | San Francisco, CA
(Nov. 2013 – Nov. 2014)
- Designed company content strategy, schedule, and processes, and managed production of all video news segments, studio interviews, editorial articles, and industry event coverage, including booking guests, writing and editing all daily and weekly scripts, and managing the news team through research, filming and post-production for timely distribution. Also occasionally anchored news broadcasts and video interviews.
- Devised, implemented and oversaw key company operations including business development, marketing strategy, accounting and payroll, sponsorships and advertising partnerships, and event coordination, both for industry conference coverage as well as company-hosted events.
Producer, Stunt Actress
The Stunt People | Emeryville, CA
(March 2011 – June 2013)
- Managed the company’s slate of shorts and feature film projects from concept development and packaging through video production and post-production to successful distribution and budget recoupment.
- Maintained training in martial arts, stunt falls, parkour, and basic acrobatics to perform stunt roles that challenge the mold for women in the Action film genre.
Producer, Assistant Director, Lead Actress
Death Grip LLC | Emeryville, CA
(May 2011 – July 2012)
- Produced independent action film “Death Grip”, including coordinating financing, budgeting, scheduling, casting and crew, locations and set logistics for filming, post-production and distribution in order to engender a cohesive film from pre-production to release.
- Fulfilled various other roles on set, including Assistant Director in organizing the daily shoot schedule and reports, managing cast and crew, budget and production costs, all while maintaining a productive on-set working environment for the director and team. Also performed acting and all stunts for the film’s lead female role ‘Rindy’.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(Feb. 2009 – March 2011)
- Provided administrative and strategic support for several Google Sales and Engineering executives in the Mountain View and San Francisco offices, including orchestrating global team events, meetings and communication, schedule management, budgets and financial planning, and strategic input on team org and operations, as well as larger company initiatives such as week-long international GoogleServe philanthropic effort, which involved 300+ non-profit organizations and 6,000+ employee participants, and University Relations fellowships to drive Google’s mission in science and engineering education.
Events + Project Manager
BRUTE LABS Non-Profit Organization | Mountain View, CA
(June 2009 – Nov. 2010)
- Managed the IGoR Project to build a larger-than-life piñata in Dolores Park and inspire the San Francisco community to beat back the monster representing Income Gender or Race inequality (IGoR). Organized marketing and logistics for other BL events, including the Mchopa Project Art Exhibit + Auction on September 9, 2009, which raised ~$2,000 in sales for struggling Tanzanian artist Gregory Mchopa.
Online Advertising Specialist
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(March 2007 – Feb. 2009)
- Managed a portfolio of high-potential AdWords advertising clients to develop and implement account optimization strategies, write compelling advertising copy, drive and track target conversions, and improve overall account performance. Also organized logistics, budgets, and marketing for several large-scale team events.
Scenic Shop Staff
UC Davis Theatre + Dance Dept | Davis, CA
(Sept. 2005 – Dec. 2006)
- Assisted construction of production set pieces and props through mastery of various woodworking (ex. table saw, chop saw, band saw, jigsaw, circular saw, drill press) and MIG welding tools.
Founder + Head Producer of Fridays @ 4
UC Davis Studio 301 Productions | Davis CA
(Sept. 2003 – Dec. 2006)
- Founded and produced weekly live performance forum “Fridays @ 4” as a more unique and diverse type of live show. Recruited and chaired the show production team, including overseeing weekly production meetings, publicity, performer relations, weekly show line-ups, technical setup and logistics, as well as quality and flow of all performances for 3 seasons.
UC Davis Campus Unions Programs | Davis, CA
(Feb. 2006 – Aug. 2006)
- Coordinated weekly live music show CoHo Live, including managing publicity, weekly lineups and performer relations, as well as directing technical set up and run of every show. Organized several other recurring campus events, including concerts, fashion shows, and poker tournaments.
Theatrical Stage Manager
UC Davis Theatre + Dance Dept | Davis CA
(Sept. 2004 – April 2006)
- Managed weekly production meetings and show budgets, facilitated communication between director, designers, performers and management, coordinated technical elements (eg. sound, lighting, set, costumes), and called all cues for production of main season shows Third Eye Theatre Festival and Main Stage Dance/Theatre Festival.
Davis Fire Crew | Davis, CA
(April 2004 – Sept. 2004)
- Cut fire line, cleared brush and suppressed hot spots to prevent the spread of wildfire while on dispatch as a member of the Emergency On-Call Davis Fire Crew with the USDA Forest Service.
- Adept at shepherding a wide range of creative projects from start to quality delivered product, through freelance work with both corporate clients and independent creative entrepreneurs, as well as for personal projects in film/video, events, design, and writing.
- Versed in Adobe Creative Suite, notably Premiere Pro and Photoshop, as well as YouTube, Vimeo, Microsoft Office, Google product suite, and other top content + project management software.
- Ridiculously detail-oriented creative problem solver and firm-yet-empathetic communicator who thrives at building + sculpting teams, projects and stories in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Continued Education: Berkeley Haas School of Business
Marketing Management (1 course)
University of California, Davis
Bachelor’s of Arts (Double): Economics, Dramatic Art
Graduated 2006, GPA: 3.47
Fremont High School
High School Diploma
Graduated 2002, GPA: 4.17
* References Available Upon Request *