Startup Business Consultant
Freelance | SF Bay Area • LA • NYC • Remote
(2013 – Present)
Advise various clients across tech, entertainment, arts, and hospitality on tailored solutions and strategy for hiring and staffing, employee relations, organizational development, business operations and development, marketing, accounting, and financial planning.
- Conducted Ciel Creative Space 2019 & 2020 annual business audits to evaluate business performance, forecast finances, and identify opportunities to optimize operational strategy.
- Advised Ciel Creative Space CEO on new hiring and organizational changes to resolve team conflicts and performance concerns.
- Wrote and self-published book “The Productive Artist’s Business Plan” (available on Amazon) to teach creative freelancers how to plan and build a profitable business around their creative ideas and products, so they can sustain themselves without compromising their art.
Founder & Instructor
Tough Cookie Travel | SF Bay Area • LA • NYC • Remote
(2017 – Present)
Equip women across the globe to be safer, stronger, and more secure at home or traveling abroad through educational blog articles, videos, products, and trainings on situational awareness, risk assessment, boundary setting, self defense tactics, and healthy (physical & emotional) recovery to embrace and embody their rights to safety, security, and control over their own bodies, wherever their journey takes them.
- Developed over 20 online resources for travel safety and self defense.
- Led private and corporate self defense workshops for groups of 5-20 people.
Creative Studio Director
Ciel Creative Space | Berkeley, CA
(2018 – 2019)
Designed and managed business strategy, management structure, HR operations, marketing strategy, business development, client facility and tech needs, legal contracts, partnerships, and $1M startup budget to launch new 20,000 sq ft studio and event space as the premier Bay Area destination for creatives and productions.
- Hired, onboarded, and managed 5-person startup team.
- Led team in organizing and hosting Jan 2019 launch event for 200+ guests.
Performance Lead, Cafe Sound Team
Burning Man Org | Black Rock City, NV • Remote
(2017 – 2019)
Managed all performer bookings, communication, logistics, and technical needs to curate a 24/7 full-week performance lineup for the Center Camp Cafe Performance Stage at annual Burning Man events.
- Booked 170+ unique and diverse performances each year that embodied the event’s cultural principles and values.
- Trained and mentored 30 core crew and 35 volunteers during the event week to ensure a positive experience for all staff, performers, and audience.
Writer & Editor
Freelance | SF Bay Area • LA • NYC(2013 – 2019)
Composed compelling written content for marketing, entertainment, and educational purposes across multiple industries including business, tech, digital currency, entertainment, arts, and health. Edited and advised other companies, creative teams, and writers on their fiction and non-fiction projects including content strategy, concept and story, structure and layout, grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and tone, as well as production and distribution strategy.
- Spearheaded full content audit and new content strategy for The Flex Company and managed 8 people on creative projects for strategy implementation.
Producer & Stunt Artist
Freelance | SF Bay Area • LA • NYC(2013 – 2018)
Managed various film, video, photo, and live event projects for marketing, entertainment, and educational purposes across tech, entertainment, retail, and health from concept and script development through budgeting, financing, hiring/casting, pre-production, production, and post-production to successful distribution.
- Performed and coordinated stunts for video productions that further challenged the mold for compelling and diverse female-driven storytelling in action, thriller, and dark comedy genres.
- Assistant stage managed 2016 TEDxNewYork event, as well as driving audience marketing outreach and diversity curation.
Senior Content Strategist
The Flex Company | Los Angeles, CA
(2017 – 2017)
Devised and implemented a cohesive company content strategy across every channel and customer touchpoint, including website, blog, email marketing, social media, video tutorials, offline & events, instructional product inserts, and quarterly print magazine to reach company growth and retention goals in women’s health education and engagement.
- Mentored other members of 15-person company in their work and careers both within and beyond the company.
The Assemblage | New York, NY
(2016 – 2017)
Developed production schedule, budgets, and strategy to produce a series of web videos for The Assemblage website launch including hiring creative directors and production teams, and curating video subjects. Handed off completed strategy and production plan to Director of Content upon shifts in project scope and company priorities for deferred implementation.
Asst. Production Manager
House Of Yes | Brooklyn, NY
(2016 – 2017)
Managed crew and production logistics for multiple simultaneous live productions, theatrical performances, film shoots, and late-night events, including coordinating creative and technical needs, staffing, rehearsals, and run-of-show stage management.
- Pulled complex theatrical productions together on 50% faster timeline than industry standard.
- Managed flipping event space between multiple nightly show setups in 1-hour turnarounds.
Assistant Stage Manager & Marketing Outreach
TEDxNewYork | New York, NY
(2016 – 2016)
Led marketing outreach and audience curation to ensure a diverse mix of event attendees representative of the event’s speaker topics and of New York City itself. Assistant stage managed the live event production including cueing MCs, performers, and stage transitions to keep the event on time and running smoothly.
Producer / Project Manager
Carrot – The VICE Digital Agency| Brooklyn, NY
(2016 – 2016)
Managed production schedule, contracts, and workflow for cross-functional teams of 10-15 people in creative, strategy, technical development, and analytics to produce quality digital content marketing campaigns for top agency clients such as Chipotle, Cole Haan, AMC, and UN Women.
- Project managed $650K budget retainer for Chipotle social media content campaigns.
Chief Content Officer, Director of Operations, News Producer
Money & Tech | San Francisco, CA
(2013 – 2015)
Devised and managed key studio operations including hiring, team management, payroll, accounting and taxes, CRM, event coordination, content strategy, editorial calendar, and production of all video news and educational segments, interviews, editorial articles, and industry event coverage.
- Organized and hosted recurring Bitcoin Beginners Fair events for 50+ monthly attendees.
- Occasionally anchored news broadcasts and video interviews.
- Hired 4 new team members over 2 months upon departure in 2015 and continued on as advisor to the company co-founders.
Producer, Stunt Actress
The Stunt People | Emeryville, CA
(2011 – 2013)
Produced the company slate of 7 film projects with a network of over 50 creative freelancers.
Trained in martial arts screen-fighting, stunt falls, and basic acrobatics to perform featured stunt roles that challenged the mold for women in the action film genre.
- Stunt Skills: Martial arts, stage combat, dance (all styles), stunt falls, basic acrobatics, parkour, sports, weapons, and motorcycle riding.
Producer, Assistant Director, Lead Actress
Death Grip LLC | Emeryville, CA
(2011 – 2012)
Managed a team of 40 crew & talent to produce $120K budget indie action feature film “Death Grip” including overseeing budget, financing, production schedule, hiring & casting, locations & set operations, production, post-production, and worldwide distribution in 2012.
- Fulfilled various other roles on set including Assistant Director, organizing daily shoot schedules & reports, managing the production team & budget, all while maintaining a productive on-set working environment for the director, cast and crew.
- Performed acting and all stunts for the film’s lead female role “Rindy”.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(2009 – 2011)
Provided administrative and strategic support for 9 executives overseeing 250+ people in Sales and Engineering, including global team communication, organizational development, employee relations, schedule, budget management, and team-building event coordination.
- Coordinated logistics, marketing, and participation for 2009 company-wide GoogleServe program with 300+ non-profit organizations and 6,000+ employees.
- Founded new SF Office Fun Committee to foster culture across 600-person office with cross-departmental events such as 2009 Assassin game and 2010 office-themed Winter Olympics.
Events & Project Manager
BRUTE LABS Non-Profit Organization | Mountain View, CA
(2009 – 2010)
Managed the IGoR Project to build a larger-than-life piñata in Dolores Park and inspire the San Francisco community to beat back the monster representing Income Gender or Race inequality (IGoR).
- Organized marketing and logistics for other BL events including the 2009 Mchopa Project Art Exhibit & Auction to raise $2,000 in sales for Tanzanian artist Gregory Mchopa.
Online Advertising Specialist
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(2007 – 2009)
Managed a portfolio of 50+ high-value AdWords clients totaling $40+ million in annual revenue to develop and implement optimization strategies with compelling advertising copy that improved account performance and ROI.
- Organized logistics, budgets, and marketing for several large-scale team-building events including three employee team-building off-sites.
Scenic Shop Staff
UC Davis Theatre & Dance Dept | Davis, CA
(2005 – 2006)
Assisted construction of production set pieces and props through mastery of various woodworking (ex. table saw, chop saw, band saw, jigsaw, circular saw, drill press) and MIG welding tools.
Founder & Head Producer of Fridays @ 4
UC Davis Studio 301 Productions | Davis, CA
(2003 – 2006)
Founded and produced weekly live performance forum “Fridays @ 4” as a more unique and diverse type of live show. Recruited and chaired the show production team, including overseeing weekly production meetings, publicity, performer relations, weekly show line-ups, technical setup, logistics, and run-of-show for all performances.
UC Davis Campus Unions Programs | Davis, CA
(2006 – 2006)
Coordinated weekly live music show CoHo Live, including managing publicity, weekly lineups and performer relations, as well as directing technical set up and run of every show. Organized several other recurring campus events, including concerts, fashion shows, and poker tournaments.
Theatrical Stage Manager
UC Davis Theatre & Dance Dept | Davis, CA
(2004 – 2006)
Managed weekly production meetings and show budgets, facilitated communication between director, designers, performers and management, coordinated technical elements (eg. sound, lighting, set, costumes), and called all cues for production of main season shows Third Eye Theatre Festival and Main Stage Dance/Theatre Festival.
Davis Fire Crew | Davis, CA
(2004 – 2004)
Cut fire line, cleared brush, and suppressed hot spots to prevent the spread of wildfires as a member of the Davis Fire Type-II on call organized hand crews based out of the Mendocino National Forest for the US Forest Service.
- Adept at shepherding cross-functional teams through a wide range of creative projects from start to quality delivery through freelance work with both corporate clients and independent entrepreneurs, as well as for personal projects in film/video, events, design, and writing.
- Versed in Adobe Creative Suite, notably Premiere Pro and Photoshop, as well as YouTube, Vimeo, Microsoft Office, Google product suite, and other top content & project management software.
- Detail-oriented creative problem solver and firm-yet-empathetic communicator who thrives at building teams, projects, and stories in fast-paced environments.
Continued Education: Berkeley Haas School of Business
Marketing Management (1 course)
University of California, Davis
Bachelor’s of Arts (Double): Economics, Dramatic Art
Fremont High School
High School Diploma
* References Available Upon Request *