Creative Studio Director
Ciel Creative Space | Berkeley, CA
(Aug. 2018 – Present)
- Build and manage studio team, operations, and marketing for new Berkeley-based creative space, establishing it as the premier creative home for East Bay local creators and destination for visiting teams & productions.
- Oversee all production, creative, and space needs for studio clients, community members, and partnerships including studio and equipment rentals, budgeting, tech needs, and office management.
Founder + Warrior
Tough Cookie Says | SF Bay Area + Los Angeles, CA
(Nov. 2017 – Present)
- Train and equip others to assess and prevent dangerous situations and, if necessary, protect themselves through the development of situational awareness, moral, ethical, and legal risk assessment, boundary setting & de-escalation techniques, and healthy (physical & emotional) recovery, as well as essential defensive & offensive fighting moves.
- Above all, help my fellow humankind – especially womankind – to understand, embrace, and embody their own inalienable rights to be safe, secure, and in control of their own bodies.
Author + Consultant
The Productive Artist | SF Bay Area + Los Angeles, CA
(Dec. 2011 – Present)
- Wrote, edited and self-published the book “The Productive Artist’s Business Plan” guiding modern artists and other creative entrepreneurs through planning and building a profitable business around their creative ideas and products, so they can sustain themselves while redefining the value of the arts in today’s economy.
- Provide individualized advice and guidance for working artists and creative freelancers through The Productive Artist website and one-on-one business and management consulting services in creative fields spanning film, music, writing, graphic and web design, fine art, theater, culinary, and arts real estate development.
Producer, Editor + Stunt Artist
Freelance | SF Bay Area + Los Angeles, CA
(March 2011 – Sept. 2018)
- Manage production of various film and video projects ranging from commercials and marketing videos to features and short films, starting from concept ideation/development through hiring and casting, production, post-production and wrap paperwork to successful distribution. Also produce and coordinate various other media productions including live events and performances, photography, design, and written publications (ex. email, blog, articles, social media, video scripts, etc).
- Edit and advise others’ video and written productions, helping piece together complex assortments of footage or words into a cohesive, engaging story and strategy. This includes helping other companies, producers, and writers develop original fiction & non-fiction works(for commercial, marketing, educational, or entertainment purposes) with one-on-one guidance on high-level concept and story, content strategy, structure and layout, detailed grammar, punctuation, spelling, style and tone, as well as the logistics of production, post-production, and distribution.
- Maintain training in screen fighting, martial arts, stunt falls, dance, sports, parkour, weapons, and basic acrobatics to perform and/or coordinate stunts in video productions that further challenge the mold for truly compelling, diverse female-driven storytelling, primarily in the action, thriller, and dark comedy film genres.
Performance Lead, Center Camp Cafe Sound + Performance Team
Burning Man | San Francisco, CA + Black Rock City, NV
(April 2017 – Oct. 2017)
- Facilitated the scheduling and coordination of all logistical and tech needs for performers on the Center Camp Cafe Performance Stage at Burning Man 2017 to design and produce a full week-long 24hrs-a-day lineup of truly diverse, unique performances of all formats and flavors that embody the event’s 10 Principles.
Senior Content Strategist
The Flex Company | Los Angeles, CA
(May 2017 – July 2017)
- Devised and managed implementation of a cohesive company content strategy across every channel and customer touchpoint, including website and blog, email marketing, social media, video tutorials, offline and event materials, instructional product insert, and quarterly print magazine, in order to maximize impact for the company’s growth and retention goals.
- Mentored and encouraged the professional growth of other team members, particularly the Video Producer, in their work and career both within and beyond the company.
The Assemblage | New York, NY
(Dec. 2016 – Feb. 2017)
- Developed production schedule, budgets, and strategy to produce a series of web videos for The Assemblage website launch, including selection and coordination with directors, crew, and video subjects. Upon shifts in the project scope and company priorities, handed off the completed strategy and production plan to the Director of Content for deferred implementation.
Asst. Production Manager
House Of Yes | Brooklyn, NY
(Oct. 2016 – Feb. 2017)
- Manage production logistics and technical staff for performance venue House of Yes’ live events, theatrical performances, film shoots and late-night parties, including coordinating with both in-house and outside producers on tech and performer riders, set-up and equipment needs, and overseeing load-in, technical rehearsals and any necessary transitions throughout each event.
Assistant Stage Manager + Marketing Outreach
TEDxNewYork | New York, NY
(July 2016 – Sept. 2016)
- Pre-event, led marketing outreach efforts and audience curation to ensure a diverse mix of event attendees representative of the event’s speaker topics and of New York City itself.
- During the event, assistant stage managed the live event production, including cueing MCs, performers and stage transitions, to keep the event on time and running smoothly.
Carrot Creative | Brooklyn, NY
(Jan. 2016 – May 2016)
- Led project management, workflow and resourcing between cross-functional teams providing creative, strategic, community engagement, technical development and analytics support for top clients including Chipotle, Cole Haan, AMC, and UN Women to engender a cohesive team, production process, and final product.
- Managed production of video, photo, and designed content for said brands through the entire production process from concept ideation, budgeting and resourcing, to coordinating schedule, locations, crew, equipment, production, and post-production logistics to successful delivery of final digital assets.
Chief Content Officer, Director of Operations, News Producer + Writer
Money & Tech | San Francisco, CA
(Nov. 2013 – Nov. 2015)
- Designed company content strategy, schedule, and processes, and managed production of all video news segments, studio interviews, editorial articles and industry event coverage, including booking guests, writing and editing scripts, and managing the news team through research, filming and post-production for timely distribution. Also occasionally anchored news broadcasts and video interviews.
- Devised, implemented and oversaw key company operations including marketing strategy, business affairs, accounting and taxes, payroll, sponsorships and advertising partnerships, and event coordination, both for industry conference coverage as well as company-hosted events.
- Led hiring through 2015 to expand the news team and transition into a consulting role, continuing to advise the executive team on business development, operations, partnerships, content and marketing strategy for ongoing success.
Producer, Stunt Actress
The Stunt People | Emeryville, CA
(March 2011 – June 2013)
- Managed the company’s slate of shorts and feature film projects from concept development, budgeting and packaging through video production and post-production to successful distribution and budget recoupment.
- Maintained training in martial arts, stunt falls, parkour, and basic acrobatics to perform stunt roles that challenge and change the mold for women in the Action film genre.
Producer, Assistant Director, Lead Actress
Death Grip LLC | Emeryville, CA
(May 2011 – July 2012)
- Produced indie action feature film “Death Grip”, including sourcing financing, managing budget and schedule, hiring cast and crew, coordinating locations and set operations, overseeing production and post-production, and negotiating distribution in order to create a cohesive, compelling film for worldwide release.
- Fulfilled various other roles on set including Assistant Director, organizing daily shoot schedules and reports, managing the production team and budget, all while maintaining a productive on-set working environment for the director, cast and crew. Also performed acting and all stunts for the film’s lead female role ‘Rindy’.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(Feb. 2009 – March 2011)
- Provided administrative and strategic support for several Google Sales and Engineering executives in the Mountain View and San Francisco offices, including travel and schedule management, global team meetings and communication, team building event coordination, budgets and financial planning, and strategic input on organizational development and employee relations.
- Managed budgets and logistics for various intra-office, cross-office and external-facing events and company initiatives, including week-long international GoogleServe philanthropic effort which involved 300+ non-profit organizations and 6,000+ employee participants, and University Relations fellowships to drive Google’s mission for impact in science and engineering education.
Events + Project Manager
BRUTE LABS Non-Profit Organization | Mountain View, CA
(June 2009 – Nov. 2010)
- Managed the IGoR Project to build a larger-than-life piñata in Dolores Park and inspire the San Francisco community to beat back the monster representing Income Gender or Race inequality (IGoR). Organized marketing and logistics for other BL events, including the Mchopa Project Art Exhibit + Auction on September 9, 2009, which raised ~$2,000 in sales for struggling Tanzanian artist Gregory Mchopa.
Online Advertising Specialist
Google Inc | Mountain View, CA
(March 2007 – Feb. 2009)
- Managed a portfolio of 50+ high-potential AdWords advertising clients (approx. $40 million in annual revenue) to develop and implement account optimization strategies, write compelling advertising copy, drive and track target conversions, and improve overall account performance. Also organized logistics, budgets and marketing for several large-scale team-building events.
Scenic Shop Staff
UC Davis Theatre + Dance Dept | Davis, CA
(Sept. 2005 – Dec. 2006)
- Assisted construction of production set pieces and props through mastery of various woodworking (ex. table saw, chop saw, band saw, jigsaw, circular saw, drill press) and MIG welding tools.
Founder + Head Producer of Fridays @ 4
UC Davis Studio 301 Productions | Davis, CA
(Sept. 2003 – Dec. 2006)
- Founded and produced weekly live performance forum “Fridays @ 4” as a more unique and diverse type of live show. Recruited and chaired the show production team, including overseeing weekly production meetings, publicity, performer relations, weekly show line-ups, technical setup and logistics, as well as quality and flow of all performances for 3 seasons.
UC Davis Campus Unions Programs | Davis, CA
(Feb. 2006 – Aug. 2006)
- Coordinated weekly live music show CoHo Live, including managing publicity, weekly lineups and performer relations, as well as directing technical set up and run of every show. Organized several other recurring campus events, including concerts, fashion shows, and poker tournaments.
Theatrical Stage Manager
UC Davis Theatre + Dance Dept | Davis, CA
(Sept. 2004 – April 2006)
- Managed weekly production meetings and show budgets, facilitated communication between director, designers, performers and management, coordinated technical elements (eg. sound, lighting, set, costumes), and called all cues for production of main season shows Third Eye Theatre Festival and Main Stage Dance/Theatre Festival.
Davis Fire Crew | Davis, CA
(April 2004 – Sept. 2004)
- Cut fire line, cleared brush and suppressed hot spots to prevent the spread of wildfire while on dispatch as a member of the Emergency On-Call Davis Fire Crew with the USDA Forest Service.
- Adept at shepherding a wide range of creative projects from start to quality delivered product, through freelance work with both corporate clients and independent creative entrepreneurs, as well as for personal projects in film/video, events, design, and writing.
- Versed in Adobe Creative Suite, notably Premiere Pro and Photoshop, as well as YouTube, Vimeo, Microsoft Office, Google product suite, and other top content + project management software.
- Ridiculously detail-oriented creative problem solver and firm-yet-empathetic communicator who thrives at building + sculpting teams, projects and stories in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Continued Education: Berkeley Haas School of Business
Marketing Management (1 course)
University of California, Davis
Bachelor’s of Arts (Double): Economics, Dramatic Art
Graduated 2006, GPA: 3.47
Fremont High School
High School Diploma
Graduated 2002, GPA: 4.17
* References Available Upon Request *